Balancing on the blocks...

Now that I have aged a few years since active competition I have found myself very unsteady on the starting blocks.  Any suggestions for this 65 year old.  Maybe some exercises or balancing stretches?

Parents
  • I'm 74 and have gotten unsteady climbing up on the block and also once up there. Afraid of a false start due to imbalance so I'm leaning back. Neuropathy, spinal stenosis and cervical fusion, broken femur surgeries, and aging have all contributed. Definitely have balance issues even on the flat ground. I've made some balance progress post-surgery, as my injured leg strengthened. I thought about starting from the pool deck, but that seems too disadvantageous.

Will try these suggested exercises.

Thank you.        

• I'm 74 and have gotten unsteady climbing up on the block and also once up there. Afraid of a false start due to imbalance so I'm leaning back. Neuropathy, spinal stenosis and cervical fusion, broken femur surgeries, and aging have all contributed. Definitely have balance issues even on the flat ground. I've made some balance progress post-surgery, as my injured leg strengthened. I thought about starting from the pool deck, but that seems too disadvantageous.

Will try these suggested exercises.

Thank you.        

Children
No Data