Breathing strips: useful and legal?

For the past few months, I have been using breathing strips for a better sleep.  At 65, my wife tells me that I am a heavy snorer (no way!), and oftentimes I wake myself up throughout the night.

The strips have been effective for sleep, but I was wondering if anyone out there uses them while swimming, and if there is any noticeable ease of breathing in the water.  I am also unsure of the legality of using these during an event.

Let me know and thanks for taking the time to read this!

Parents
  • I used to use them a lot, then I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now I use a CPAP that works much better. I tend toward nasal congestion, and I wore them at meets in the 80s. I think they helped before the event when I was mostly breathing through my nose, But not at all during the event as I wasn’t breathing through my nose. Now there are regulations against tape, so I doubt if they are legal in a meet. 

• I used to use them a lot, then I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now I use a CPAP that works much better. I tend toward nasal congestion, and I wore them at meets in the 80s. I think they helped before the event when I was mostly breathing through my nose, But not at all during the event as I wasn’t breathing through my nose. Now there are regulations against tape, so I doubt if they are legal in a meet. 

Children
No Data