1-hour Postal Swim advice

I have a bit of a quandary with my upcoming 1-hour Postal swim. As I've been training for it, I've concentrated on hitting certain yardage (meters) at specific times. However, for whatever reason, at the SCM pool that I swim at about 99% of the time, there won't be a Postal swim conducted this year. I had to sign up for a time-slot at another nearby pool...that I've never actually swam in. It's a rather new facility at a local college. I was under the assumption that it too is a 25 SCM pool. So no big deal. But I just found out that it's a SCY pool. So my question is...other than the obvious of doing the math to convert from meters to yards to determine where I want to be at certain times...is there anything else that I should be considering? Should I just throw out my planned time/distance milestones from the SCM pool and just "go for it" in the SCY pool? Dan 11507
Parents
  • My advice is just get in and start swimming and don't overthink it. If you've been training for it you must have a good feel for the pace you can hold. Just start swimming and don't worry about the clock. +1. Don't make it too complicated. Swim at the perceived effort you've trained at and let the distance be what it is.
  • My advice is just get in and start swimming and don't overthink it. If you've been training for it you must have a good feel for the pace you can hold. Just start swimming and don't worry about the clock. +1. Don't make it too complicated. Swim at the perceived effort you've trained at and let the distance be what it is.
Children
No Data