Smart Watches for Pool and Open Water

I've been relatively happy with my Garmin 920xt for the last four years, but looking to upgrade. What are the favorite Smart Watches on the market today? I am primarily interested for pool and open water training (and events), and it would be great to be able to incorporate a heart rate monitor and a water-temperature gauge into the actual watch. It would be nice if it worked well for calculating kicking and one-arm (off arm) drill distances to get a better handle on TOTAL session distances. Connectivity to social fitness platforms would be fantastic. Any recommendations?
Parents
  • I just got the swim2 and I'm itching to get it in the water. In the meantime, what's the durability been like for you? Any software issues? Favorite/least favorite aspects?I just got my Garmin Swim 2 last week, luckily a day or two before I finally found a lake that's warm enough for me to swim in. I've now done three swims (2km, 2.5km, 2.5km) in a lake and here are my initial impressions: Display is great and I love the options to flex the metrics. I've always hated swimming with a watch, but this band fits snugly and the profile is slim enough that I really don't mind it. I can't comment on how accurate the GPS measurements are, but the times compared to the distance seem to make sense. I'm a huge data geek and LOVE the display and metrics that are available in the Garmin Connect. I use the website version, though, and really just have the app on my phone so I can synch. As a watch, it's also fine so, when I'm allowed to go back out in the world and meet people in business meetings, I'll wear it to do this crazy thing called, "show me what time it is" With that said, I really wish Garmin would do away with the silly SWOLF score. Real swimmers don't SWOLF.
  • I just got the swim2 and I'm itching to get it in the water. In the meantime, what's the durability been like for you? Any software issues? Favorite/least favorite aspects?I just got my Garmin Swim 2 last week, luckily a day or two before I finally found a lake that's warm enough for me to swim in. I've now done three swims (2km, 2.5km, 2.5km) in a lake and here are my initial impressions: Display is great and I love the options to flex the metrics. I've always hated swimming with a watch, but this band fits snugly and the profile is slim enough that I really don't mind it. I can't comment on how accurate the GPS measurements are, but the times compared to the distance seem to make sense. I'm a huge data geek and LOVE the display and metrics that are available in the Garmin Connect. I use the website version, though, and really just have the app on my phone so I can synch. As a watch, it's also fine so, when I'm allowed to go back out in the world and meet people in business meetings, I'll wear it to do this crazy thing called, "show me what time it is" With that said, I really wish Garmin would do away with the silly SWOLF score. Real swimmers don't SWOLF.
Children
No Data