Smart Watches for Pool and Open Water

I've been relatively happy with my Garmin 920xt for the last four years, but looking to upgrade. What are the favorite Smart Watches on the market today? I am primarily interested for pool and open water training (and events), and it would be great to be able to incorporate a heart rate monitor and a water-temperature gauge into the actual watch. It would be nice if it worked well for calculating kicking and one-arm (off arm) drill distances to get a better handle on TOTAL session distances. Connectivity to social fitness platforms would be fantastic. Any recommendations?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I like the Garmin Swim 2. I has tested (reall test) polar vantage, fenix 5, apple watch, samsung galaxy active, polar v800) and for me is the best watch for swimmers, it have: pool swim, open water, drill mode, wrist hr, several swim metrics, and you can run, bike and other sports, important: it isnt expensive. Also forerunner 945/fenix 6 are good multisport watches, but they're more expensive. I just got the swim2 and I'm itching to get it in the water. In the meantime, what's the durability been like for you? Any software issues? Favorite/least favorite aspects?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    I like the Garmin Swim 2. I has tested (reall test) polar vantage, fenix 5, apple watch, samsung galaxy active, polar v800) and for me is the best watch for swimmers, it have: pool swim, open water, drill mode, wrist hr, several swim metrics, and you can run, bike and other sports, important: it isnt expensive. Also forerunner 945/fenix 6 are good multisport watches, but they're more expensive. I just got the swim2 and I'm itching to get it in the water. In the meantime, what's the durability been like for you? Any software issues? Favorite/least favorite aspects?
Children
No Data