gps tracker for swimming

Figure I should ask the OW swimmers since this will be the primary purpose for my use. Need some guidance shopping around for a simple gps tracking device I can wear while swimming in nature. Few features needed, just something that I can use to review where I swam and the distance I traveled. It must be water proof to at least 10 meters. Is there anything affordable with a decent level of sampling rate? Though not necessary, are there any products that can log a graphic representation of swimming velocity in M/s? Thank you
Parents
  • So can I infer that if I use the Garmin Forerunner 15, it should be in my cap or in a buoy so it doesn't go underwater? I can only say that it works just fine for me when it's on my buoy. I have never tested the performance wearing it on my wrist while swimming. (It's supposedly 5atm waterproof, so you could wear it on your wrist, but I don't know if that would adversely affect the tracking performance. I don't particularly like wearing anything on my wrist while I swim.)
  • So can I infer that if I use the Garmin Forerunner 15, it should be in my cap or in a buoy so it doesn't go underwater? I can only say that it works just fine for me when it's on my buoy. I have never tested the performance wearing it on my wrist while swimming. (It's supposedly 5atm waterproof, so you could wear it on your wrist, but I don't know if that would adversely affect the tracking performance. I don't particularly like wearing anything on my wrist while I swim.)
Children
No Data