gps tracker for swimming

Figure I should ask the OW swimmers since this will be the primary purpose for my use. Need some guidance shopping around for a simple gps tracking device I can wear while swimming in nature. Few features needed, just something that I can use to review where I swam and the distance I traveled. It must be water proof to at least 10 meters. Is there anything affordable with a decent level of sampling rate? Though not necessary, are there any products that can log a graphic representation of swimming velocity in M/s? Thank you
Parents
  • You can edit the activity type within Garmin connect. I have used my watch to track canoeing and hiking and just edit them from "swim" or "run" to "paddling" or "hiking" Thanks MSK, I know. I'm just not bothered, as I'm not tracking multi-sport activities or using it as a log. If anything exciting or memorable happens, eg "shark evasion" or "hurricane swim", I'll probably edit appropriately ;)
  • You can edit the activity type within Garmin connect. I have used my watch to track canoeing and hiking and just edit them from "swim" or "run" to "paddling" or "hiking" Thanks MSK, I know. I'm just not bothered, as I'm not tracking multi-sport activities or using it as a log. If anything exciting or memorable happens, eg "shark evasion" or "hurricane swim", I'll probably edit appropriately ;)
Children
No Data