Drills for Land Spotting

Former Member
Former Member
Does anybody have any drills they like to do in the pool to practice land spotting?
Parents
  • Does anybody have any drills they like to do in the pool to practice land spotting? Thank you for starting this thread! I opened the OW Swimming forum to start just such a thread! Rob, don't know about others, but I would love to see drills on all of the skills you mentioned! My coach keeps reminding me not to cross my arms, which despite my efforts to the contrary I seem to get into the habit of doing, and thus not swimming in a straight line--so I sight more than I'd like, which in turn makes my stroke less efficient--and as often as I've done open water swimming, I always feel a bit disconcerted swimming essentially "blind" in open water, except when I lift my head to sight. If I try to keep swimming, I tend to veer off. So all of the above would be great!
  • Does anybody have any drills they like to do in the pool to practice land spotting? Thank you for starting this thread! I opened the OW Swimming forum to start just such a thread! Rob, don't know about others, but I would love to see drills on all of the skills you mentioned! My coach keeps reminding me not to cross my arms, which despite my efforts to the contrary I seem to get into the habit of doing, and thus not swimming in a straight line--so I sight more than I'd like, which in turn makes my stroke less efficient--and as often as I've done open water swimming, I always feel a bit disconcerted swimming essentially "blind" in open water, except when I lift my head to sight. If I try to keep swimming, I tend to veer off. So all of the above would be great!
Children
No Data