Water Temp v wetsuit

Tried my new wetsuit out at the Y. Water temp around 80. Works very well, but too warm to do much of a workout. Question: What water temp would be the line for wetsuit or no wetsuit? Is there a temp set by the event?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I'm not talking about short-distance OW races with separate categories. I'm talking about marathon swimming (in particular, solo marathon swimming). Your confusion of the two seems to indicate you have no idea what you're talking about with regard to the latter. Wow. Yes, clearly I don't have a clue what I am talking about and you are much wiser than me. And proved my point better than I could have argued it. Thanks for the enlightening discussion
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    I'm not talking about short-distance OW races with separate categories. I'm talking about marathon swimming (in particular, solo marathon swimming). Your confusion of the two seems to indicate you have no idea what you're talking about with regard to the latter. Wow. Yes, clearly I don't have a clue what I am talking about and you are much wiser than me. And proved my point better than I could have argued it. Thanks for the enlightening discussion
Children
No Data