SwimTrek

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone done a SwimTrek trip? Not hardcore, but sounds like a lot of fun! www.swimtrek.com :)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I've been on two SwimTrek tours and most of the swimmers were there by themselves, some single, some whose partners just weren't that into swimming. SwimTrek provides websuits for free. Depending on which trip you go on you may not need a wetsuit (e.g. Greece) unless you are the type that is always cold. I don't think you'll have any trouble eating vegetarian for breakfast and lunch (which are supplied), it could depend on which trip you go on and the local food for supper (where you'll eat out). It wouldn't hurt to let them know in advance. I sunburn extremely easily and sunscreen only gets me so far, both trips I had to resort to wearing a rashguard shirt. I would recommend getting one in advance, they do have some you can borrow or buy but you might not get one that fits you exactly, depending on your build. If your suit provides good coverage then the size of the rashguard is less critical, my problem was they didn't have one that was snug enough around the chest but long enough to make it to my swimsuit. I found sunscreen was enough for my legs, when wearing jammers. So, just put some thought into your suit choice and a rashguard shirt and you should be okay. Of course, if you go with a wimpsuit, I mean wetsuit, that can provide the UV protection.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I've been on two SwimTrek tours and most of the swimmers were there by themselves, some single, some whose partners just weren't that into swimming. SwimTrek provides websuits for free. Depending on which trip you go on you may not need a wetsuit (e.g. Greece) unless you are the type that is always cold. I don't think you'll have any trouble eating vegetarian for breakfast and lunch (which are supplied), it could depend on which trip you go on and the local food for supper (where you'll eat out). It wouldn't hurt to let them know in advance. I sunburn extremely easily and sunscreen only gets me so far, both trips I had to resort to wearing a rashguard shirt. I would recommend getting one in advance, they do have some you can borrow or buy but you might not get one that fits you exactly, depending on your build. If your suit provides good coverage then the size of the rashguard is less critical, my problem was they didn't have one that was snug enough around the chest but long enough to make it to my swimsuit. I found sunscreen was enough for my legs, when wearing jammers. So, just put some thought into your suit choice and a rashguard shirt and you should be okay. Of course, if you go with a wimpsuit, I mean wetsuit, that can provide the UV protection.
Children
No Data