Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    The only thought of headline that scared me was after a party in the UK was that I woke up shivering in a bath tub. I thought of a headline "Canadian Swimmer Drowns in Bath Tub". It scared me so bad that I almost completely stopped drinking.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    The only thought of headline that scared me was after a party in the UK was that I woke up shivering in a bath tub. I thought of a headline "Canadian Swimmer Drowns in Bath Tub". It scared me so bad that I almost completely stopped drinking. Wrong (almost) reaction, George. You should have been scared so bad that you'd keep on drinking but stay away from anywhere that had bathtubs.:drink:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Swimmers flee as sharks come for an afternoon of fishing www.smh.com.au/.../1231003848115.html
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    The discovery channel website says you are more likely to die from a fall down the stairs, from a sting of a hornet, wasp, or bee, from a lightening strike, from drowning in your bathtub, from an adverse reaction to antibiotics, from a falling object, from an agricultural machine, or a motor vehicle accident than you are to being attacked by a shark. What they don't tell you is why. I will answer that for you. The answer is, the shark is waiting for me. :) haha:) made my day :banana: