Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    That would be a fun swim, I couldn't handle 58 degree water though... I highly recommend the book THE DEVIL'S TEETH by Susan Casey (2005). It is about her encounters with the Great White Sharks around the Farallon Islands off San Francisco. A must-read for shark fans. It was a good book. It is on the remainders table now and I saw it in hardback at a local Dollar Tree store for $1 - a bargain at twice the price. The end of the book was a bit odd, however... but leave it at that so as not to "spoil" the ending. -LBJ
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    That would be a fun swim, I couldn't handle 58 degree water though... I highly recommend the book THE DEVIL'S TEETH by Susan Casey (2005). It is about her encounters with the Great White Sharks around the Farallon Islands off San Francisco. A must-read for shark fans. It was a good book. It is on the remainders table now and I saw it in hardback at a local Dollar Tree store for $1 - a bargain at twice the price. The end of the book was a bit odd, however... but leave it at that so as not to "spoil" the ending. -LBJ
Children
No Data