Sh-sh-shark!

Former Member
Former Member
You probably know what's coming next. Should I have genuine concerns about having my leg ripped off by a shark, while in the sea? I want to start getting some open water swims in, but being in FL., I'm a bit nervous about it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Peace...
Parents
  • Someone advised me prior to my ocean swim not to wear shiny jewelry. Of course, I don't wear jewelry anyway when I swim for fear I'll lose it, but in case you do, something to think about. Have also heard ppl should avoid bright or highly contrasting colors. Think I heard that on NPR. Recently, I was swimming between a beach and a sandbar. Probably good I didn't hear about all this at that time! Didn't, however, run into any sharks. Good luck w/ your swimming.
  • Someone advised me prior to my ocean swim not to wear shiny jewelry. Of course, I don't wear jewelry anyway when I swim for fear I'll lose it, but in case you do, something to think about. Have also heard ppl should avoid bright or highly contrasting colors. Think I heard that on NPR. Recently, I was swimming between a beach and a sandbar. Probably good I didn't hear about all this at that time! Didn't, however, run into any sharks. Good luck w/ your swimming.
Children
No Data