Wet suits

Former Member
Former Member
Help-I am trying to figure out which wet suit would be the best choice for an open water swim. I have looked at Orcas, Ironman suits and finally the QR's. They all look about the same but what am I missing. What are your experiences with these suits?
Parents
  • I swim open water in SF Bay and nearby lakes. Lifelong swimmer, and have done OW since 2020. For the cold water I use the Roka Maverick, because it is lightweight suit but enough to keep me warm in the chilly bay water. The rubber/neoprene used around the arms, shoulders and chest is of an extremely flexible composition, so you don't get any binding or restriction when swimming. This is my second Roka, and I've been impressed. I'm not familiar with all the suits mentioned so far, but would mention making certain to try everything on and ensure you have full shoulder mobility without chafing or binding before you make a purchase decision. Good luck!

• I swim open water in SF Bay and nearby lakes. Lifelong swimmer, and have done OW since 2020. For the cold water I use the Roka Maverick, because it is lightweight suit but enough to keep me warm in the chilly bay water. The rubber/neoprene used around the arms, shoulders and chest is of an extremely flexible composition, so you don't get any binding or restriction when swimming. This is my second Roka, and I've been impressed. I'm not familiar with all the suits mentioned so far, but would mention making certain to try everything on and ensure you have full shoulder mobility without chafing or binding before you make a purchase decision. Good luck!

Children
No Data