Swimming and diabetes

I've been reading the forums for awhile now and thought it would be useful to have a thread where people can talk about their experiences of swimming with diabetes. I was diagnosed with Type II last summer and started Metformin. I've had conflicting advice about diet and have found that what works best for me is low carb. I had been swimming about 1500 meters three or four times a week prior to diagnosis. As I have increased my yardage to 5000 meters five or six times a week, my blood sugar has been easier to manage (down from 196 to 105) without hypoglycemia. I am still learning about supplements. I am very interested in other people's experiences and that you have found helpful. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    The lab here was great, results were into my doctor two days later. I have an appointment Monday to go over the results. I have not been doing exercise so expect cah cah from the doctor. It is important to exercise to keep blood sugar at bay. Hi, George. Thanks for the lab story. I fondly think about slapping on my own tourniquet and taking my own blood sample as I watch the lab move at glacial pace. You didn't say how you are doing. So, how are you doing? Are you combining diet, exercise and/or meds? Good luck, and thanks for resurrecting the thread.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 12 years ago
    The lab here was great, results were into my doctor two days later. I have an appointment Monday to go over the results. I have not been doing exercise so expect cah cah from the doctor. It is important to exercise to keep blood sugar at bay. Hi, George. Thanks for the lab story. I fondly think about slapping on my own tourniquet and taking my own blood sample as I watch the lab move at glacial pace. You didn't say how you are doing. So, how are you doing? Are you combining diet, exercise and/or meds? Good luck, and thanks for resurrecting the thread.
Children
No Data