Swim Stories

Please share your true swimming stories of remarkable feats, inspiring, interesting or unsual. Today Sat Jan 22nd, 2010 at the end of my blog I retold a story I heard UT Men's assistant coach tell the mens team this morning. Please share yours. I look forward to reading them. Let's gather round the fire and be amazed. Swim Faster Faster, Ande
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Some people were swimming the 200 fly, 400 IM, & 1650 etc. just to take the 10th-16th places to steal points. Stealing?! with these events, any point is well-earned. Although, I have seen meets where a swimmer got drafted to dive to scavenge up points and he was clowning around with it. If I were a referee, I'd caution him about a possible DQ for poor sportsmanship. That little SMU indoor pool can be very exciting. The echos in there just lift the roof off and people just get stoked.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Some people were swimming the 200 fly, 400 IM, & 1650 etc. just to take the 10th-16th places to steal points. Stealing?! with these events, any point is well-earned. Although, I have seen meets where a swimmer got drafted to dive to scavenge up points and he was clowning around with it. If I were a referee, I'd caution him about a possible DQ for poor sportsmanship. That little SMU indoor pool can be very exciting. The echos in there just lift the roof off and people just get stoked.
Children
No Data