xtra life lycra - how much "xtra?"

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone tried the Speedo suits made of Polyester/Xtra Life Lycra(R) such as the "Flip Turns" series of suits? I'm wondering how much longer they actually last. My baseline is that a regular Nylon 80%/Spandex 20% suit lasts 2.5-3 months training 3 days/week. Also, Nike is making suits of Polyester and XLA Lastol which looks like a new fiber made by Dow. Any comments on the longevity of that combo would be great, too.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I have "poly" speedos that have worn like iron (really). They are 3 years old and haven't faded or changed shape one little bit - Flyback. I tried the speedo "Flip-Turns" - the color did not fade, but the shape has given way. I would not pay full price for the suit. I favor the speedo endurance - fabic is much softer than the "poly", the color stays well and the shape has held up well. It feels like a lycra suit much longer than the two I already mentioned. Speedo Lycra - or any Lycra - don't spend the money - so not worth it. Splish - color lasted well, however the shape gave way. Dolphin Uglies - held up 'OK' in both color and shape - I am not impressed. Don't pay full price - I wouldn't. I have used these suits in all kinds of chlorinated pools for extended periods of time - like 20 +/- per week of actual water time.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I have "poly" speedos that have worn like iron (really). They are 3 years old and haven't faded or changed shape one little bit - Flyback. I tried the speedo "Flip-Turns" - the color did not fade, but the shape has given way. I would not pay full price for the suit. I favor the speedo endurance - fabic is much softer than the "poly", the color stays well and the shape has held up well. It feels like a lycra suit much longer than the two I already mentioned. Speedo Lycra - or any Lycra - don't spend the money - so not worth it. Splish - color lasted well, however the shape gave way. Dolphin Uglies - held up 'OK' in both color and shape - I am not impressed. Don't pay full price - I wouldn't. I have used these suits in all kinds of chlorinated pools for extended periods of time - like 20 +/- per week of actual water time.
Children
No Data