xtra life lycra - how much "xtra?"

Former Member
Former Member
Has anyone tried the Speedo suits made of Polyester/Xtra Life Lycra(R) such as the "Flip Turns" series of suits? I'm wondering how much longer they actually last. My baseline is that a regular Nylon 80%/Spandex 20% suit lasts 2.5-3 months training 3 days/week. Also, Nike is making suits of Polyester and XLA Lastol which looks like a new fiber made by Dow. Any comments on the longevity of that combo would be great, too.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I've seen those suits in the catalogs but I have my doubts about the "Xtra Life" Lycra. I'd be willing to try the new Lastol fabric. I think that Lycra and Spandex are the two fibers to stay away from. Right now my workout suit is a Nike, 100% polyester. I've worn it 3-4 times per week for 4 months and it still looks and feels like new. I previously had a Speedo 100% polyester suit that lasted 2 years. The fabric still looked great but the shoulder straps had stretched enough that it wasn't comfortable any more. My only complaint with the Nike suit that I'm wearing now is that I wish I could have gone up one size. The fabric doesn't have much "give" and the suit is a little short. But I got it at TJ Maxx for $12.00, so I guess I have no room to complain! Anna Lea
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I've seen those suits in the catalogs but I have my doubts about the "Xtra Life" Lycra. I'd be willing to try the new Lastol fabric. I think that Lycra and Spandex are the two fibers to stay away from. Right now my workout suit is a Nike, 100% polyester. I've worn it 3-4 times per week for 4 months and it still looks and feels like new. I previously had a Speedo 100% polyester suit that lasted 2 years. The fabric still looked great but the shoulder straps had stretched enough that it wasn't comfortable any more. My only complaint with the Nike suit that I'm wearing now is that I wish I could have gone up one size. The fabric doesn't have much "give" and the suit is a little short. But I got it at TJ Maxx for $12.00, so I guess I have no room to complain! Anna Lea
Children
No Data