How often do they change pool water completely?

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone knows how public swimming pools are maintained? Do they completely change the pool water at the end of day, or weekly? Anything they do to the pool overnight (just circulate like daytime, or do nothing, or change entire pool water)? Is the water cleaner in early morning than evening because of this? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Most pools, I think, are only drained completely once or twice a year. Pools I've worked at have crews come in and night and vaccuum the entire pool, or the lifeguards put in an automated little robot who does it. It kind of depends on if the pool is indoor or outdoor and what it's used for. Chemicals (chlorine levels, etc) are always checked at least twice a day though in any pool regardless of location or primary function. I'd say the pool is the same amount of clean all day. Maybe a little more so in the morning simply because people haven't been in it for a few hours.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Most pools, I think, are only drained completely once or twice a year. Pools I've worked at have crews come in and night and vaccuum the entire pool, or the lifeguards put in an automated little robot who does it. It kind of depends on if the pool is indoor or outdoor and what it's used for. Chemicals (chlorine levels, etc) are always checked at least twice a day though in any pool regardless of location or primary function. I'd say the pool is the same amount of clean all day. Maybe a little more so in the morning simply because people haven't been in it for a few hours.
Children
No Data