Jaw Pain

Former Member
Former Member
Last night after my workout, I noticed that I had done something to my jaw during my swim and it really hurt to bite down. Fortunately, I had a dentist appt. this a.m. and the dentist said that my jaw was not dislocated, but he felt it might be a soft tissue matter and the muscle was inflamed. Has this ever happened to anyone?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    By strange coincidence, I overcame a two pack a day smoking habit when I was twenty-five and greatly increased my gum chewing, yes. Things were fine until, yes, suddenly there was this pain. I really can't remember much about diagnosis other than it amounted to 'darn thing just plumb wore out' re nerve. I 'scratch' that compulsive part of me with equal parts of swimming, these forums, reading and wine.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    By strange coincidence, I overcame a two pack a day smoking habit when I was twenty-five and greatly increased my gum chewing, yes. Things were fine until, yes, suddenly there was this pain. I really can't remember much about diagnosis other than it amounted to 'darn thing just plumb wore out' re nerve. I 'scratch' that compulsive part of me with equal parts of swimming, these forums, reading and wine.
Children
No Data