"What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?"

What do YOU need to do to have a major swimming breakthrough?" I started this thread over in the work outs section which I think doesn't get as much traffic as the general discussion board so here's the link forums.usms.org/showthread.php but my point is, No matter what, the time between right now and your focus meet is going to pass, and the things you do to prepare for your meet is of the UTMOST importance. the choices you make the chances you take swim hard in practice rehearse racing I want to read your story about your breakthrough. Decide it starts today that this season will be your best season EVER What do you need to do to make this true? Ande
Parents
  • Allen, We disagree, many of the best breastrokers in the world keep their hands and forearms just below the surface, they outsweep, insweep then thrust. Watch underwater breastroke footage of the best on youtube They aren't doing a partial butterfly pull with a quick insweep & thrust. The problem with that method is the swimmers hands and forearms get buried too deep which creates extra resistance as they transition from insweep to thrust. It's true, Soni doesn't have much of an insweep. She outsweeps, does a slight insweep, then thrusts with her hands and elbows wide. She has an incredible kick. I've photographed her head on racing at a grand prix in Austin, the shots are in one of my FB albums. Kitajima thrusts with this hands touching. Watch underwater footage of Brendan Hansen, Eric Shanteau, & Cameron van der Burgh. My suggestion is to do what the best do. Brendan Hansen YouTube - Hansen's stroke kitajima YouTube - Breaststroke - Kitajima gliding it doesn't look like half a butterfly pull with a quick insweep YouTube - Ian Crocker's fly I totally disagree.The new mantra for BR pull is that it is just like fly until you get back to shoulder level and then insweep. Some of the women, especially Soni don't even really have an insweep. I say get into EVF, pull back hard to about your shoulder, then insweep and recover quickly.
  • Allen, We disagree, many of the best breastrokers in the world keep their hands and forearms just below the surface, they outsweep, insweep then thrust. Watch underwater breastroke footage of the best on youtube They aren't doing a partial butterfly pull with a quick insweep & thrust. The problem with that method is the swimmers hands and forearms get buried too deep which creates extra resistance as they transition from insweep to thrust. It's true, Soni doesn't have much of an insweep. She outsweeps, does a slight insweep, then thrusts with her hands and elbows wide. She has an incredible kick. I've photographed her head on racing at a grand prix in Austin, the shots are in one of my FB albums. Kitajima thrusts with this hands touching. Watch underwater footage of Brendan Hansen, Eric Shanteau, & Cameron van der Burgh. My suggestion is to do what the best do. Brendan Hansen YouTube - Hansen's stroke kitajima YouTube - Breaststroke - Kitajima gliding it doesn't look like half a butterfly pull with a quick insweep YouTube - Ian Crocker's fly I totally disagree.The new mantra for BR pull is that it is just like fly until you get back to shoulder level and then insweep. Some of the women, especially Soni don't even really have an insweep. I say get into EVF, pull back hard to about your shoulder, then insweep and recover quickly.
Children
No Data