Contoured paddles vs. Flat paddles

Former Member
Former Member
Howdy folks, Currently I am using speedo's contoured swim paddles and they work great, but it is time for me to move up to the next size. Is there a difference between these paddles and other "flat" paddles (meaning will one or the other be more effective for training)? Or does it just come down to personal preference? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    By the way the I beleive the best paddles in Australia are imported from USA.I can't remember the brand but they come in sizes,yellow,red,blue and green.In that order of size I think. They are flat adjustable with many wholes.Contoured paddles distort the feel for water.Speedo make both contoured and flat paddles so either they dont know which are best or what I suspect is that because the contoured ones look more modern they sell better.I've used flat ones ,tried the others and returned to flat ones.Most people would be size yellowand a very good swimmer red.Size should be about strength not hand size.The stronger you get the larger the SA of the paddle.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    By the way the I beleive the best paddles in Australia are imported from USA.I can't remember the brand but they come in sizes,yellow,red,blue and green.In that order of size I think. They are flat adjustable with many wholes.Contoured paddles distort the feel for water.Speedo make both contoured and flat paddles so either they dont know which are best or what I suspect is that because the contoured ones look more modern they sell better.I've used flat ones ,tried the others and returned to flat ones.Most people would be size yellowand a very good swimmer red.Size should be about strength not hand size.The stronger you get the larger the SA of the paddle.
Children
No Data