Contoured paddles vs. Flat paddles

Former Member
Former Member
Howdy folks, Currently I am using speedo's contoured swim paddles and they work great, but it is time for me to move up to the next size. Is there a difference between these paddles and other "flat" paddles (meaning will one or the other be more effective for training)? Or does it just come down to personal preference? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I see a lot of people using paddles at our pool but I just don't really see a need. Is it to build strength? I also see people swimming sets with fins on. What is up with that? I prefer to train like I race. For better or for worse, that is my decision. I'll keep checking back...I'm interested to see what benefits these crutches provide.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    I see a lot of people using paddles at our pool but I just don't really see a need. Is it to build strength? I also see people swimming sets with fins on. What is up with that? I prefer to train like I race. For better or for worse, that is my decision. I'll keep checking back...I'm interested to see what benefits these crutches provide.
Children
No Data