Where can I buy a Wicking Swim Towel?

Former Member
Former Member
I got a wicking swim towel for Christmas, and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get more. It's called the Wick-er Warmup Towel, it's made by Discovery Trekking Outfitters. It's quite large, very thin, dries faster than anything I've used before. Also gives some sun protection according to the label. I haven't seen them in stores. It was purchased in Canada at a swim meet I think, or maybe online. Anyone heard of these? I think it might be very new on the market. Dont confuse it with a chamois towel, it's nothing like that. Much better in my opinion.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I don't think they show on the website...the idea just came up in a conversation with the lady I spoke to. This company actually has a brick-and-mortar store that specializes in custom outerwear. She just mentioned in passing that they made all types of custom jackets and outerwear, and could do our team really simple hoodies from the towel fabric, because they are able to sew them in their shop. Initially, I just got one made to see what it was like because I thought it would be good even if the rest of the group wasn't interested. I showed it to the exec. of our club, and we decided to get one for everybody. They are very simple...just a roomy pullover with a simple hood. The sleeves are hemmed, and so is the bottom. It has no pockets, but we could have asked for them I think. I think they were around $55. each which wasn't bad, because this is the wicking fabric with the Silver, just like the towels. I can't guarantee that they will do this again, you could just email them and ask. I don't see why not. I was very impressed with the offer to do something out of the ordinary, and they were super nice to deal with. I know the towels embroider well so I don't see why team logo couldn't be put on the hoodies, but we didn't bother.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I don't think they show on the website...the idea just came up in a conversation with the lady I spoke to. This company actually has a brick-and-mortar store that specializes in custom outerwear. She just mentioned in passing that they made all types of custom jackets and outerwear, and could do our team really simple hoodies from the towel fabric, because they are able to sew them in their shop. Initially, I just got one made to see what it was like because I thought it would be good even if the rest of the group wasn't interested. I showed it to the exec. of our club, and we decided to get one for everybody. They are very simple...just a roomy pullover with a simple hood. The sleeves are hemmed, and so is the bottom. It has no pockets, but we could have asked for them I think. I think they were around $55. each which wasn't bad, because this is the wicking fabric with the Silver, just like the towels. I can't guarantee that they will do this again, you could just email them and ask. I don't see why not. I was very impressed with the offer to do something out of the ordinary, and they were super nice to deal with. I know the towels embroider well so I don't see why team logo couldn't be put on the hoodies, but we didn't bother.
Children
No Data