What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    We seem to be on the who has he produced kick. My coach taught over a 60 thousand kids to swim and 8 or 9 Olympians. I respect him more for his teaching skills than his Olympian production. As you know I am not a fan of TI but let us respect what he Terry has done. My Coach Jimmy Thompson The Hamilton Aquatic Club began as an informal group in the late 1920's and was officially formed in 1932. Its members strongly influenced the organization of the aquatic portion of the First British Empire Games held in Hamilton, Ontario in 1930. As an umbrella association that included water polo, diving, open water swimming and competitive swimming it's adopted policy was to ensure that all athletes have the opportunity to participate regardless of financial status. Jimmy Thompson became the first coach of the Hamilton Aquatic Club in 1932. He devoted over 30 years of his life teaching over sixty thousand children how to swim. He was also credited for developing some of Canada's finest swimmers, divers and water polo players and syncronized swimmers. The strength of the Hamilton Aquatic Club was that it was always operated on a strong volunteer basis. The longest serving volunteer member was the Hall of Famer Jack McCormick. A founding member and athlete, Jack served the club later as a coach and administrator until when his health did not allow him to continue. Among the achievements by the club's members are Canadian and World Records, Olympic athletes and coaches, and two Canadian starters at an Olympic Games. several swimers, sycronized swimmers waterpolo players . The club's success is well measured by the number of members who have been included into the Ontario Aquatic Hall of Fame, among them, Jimmy Thompson, Jack McCormick, George Larson, Robert Thompson, and David Hart. Other notable members are Irene MacDonald, Gerry Thomas, Patty Thompson, George Steplock, Dan Sherry, George Park, Tom, Thurlow Park and Margaret Park just to name a few.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    We seem to be on the who has he produced kick. My coach taught over a 60 thousand kids to swim and 8 or 9 Olympians. I respect him more for his teaching skills than his Olympian production. As you know I am not a fan of TI but let us respect what he Terry has done. My Coach Jimmy Thompson The Hamilton Aquatic Club began as an informal group in the late 1920's and was officially formed in 1932. Its members strongly influenced the organization of the aquatic portion of the First British Empire Games held in Hamilton, Ontario in 1930. As an umbrella association that included water polo, diving, open water swimming and competitive swimming it's adopted policy was to ensure that all athletes have the opportunity to participate regardless of financial status. Jimmy Thompson became the first coach of the Hamilton Aquatic Club in 1932. He devoted over 30 years of his life teaching over sixty thousand children how to swim. He was also credited for developing some of Canada's finest swimmers, divers and water polo players and syncronized swimmers. The strength of the Hamilton Aquatic Club was that it was always operated on a strong volunteer basis. The longest serving volunteer member was the Hall of Famer Jack McCormick. A founding member and athlete, Jack served the club later as a coach and administrator until when his health did not allow him to continue. Among the achievements by the club's members are Canadian and World Records, Olympic athletes and coaches, and two Canadian starters at an Olympic Games. several swimers, sycronized swimmers waterpolo players . The club's success is well measured by the number of members who have been included into the Ontario Aquatic Hall of Fame, among them, Jimmy Thompson, Jack McCormick, George Larson, Robert Thompson, and David Hart. Other notable members are Irene MacDonald, Gerry Thomas, Patty Thompson, George Steplock, Dan Sherry, George Park, Tom, Thurlow Park and Margaret Park just to name a few.
Children
No Data