What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    What's the point to keep on hammering this: Originally posted by Matt S Craig in Liverpool, Total Immersion, just like any other well-considered program for improving stroke technique, will make you better and faster than you would be swimming your same old, same old. ... Matt when here: Criticism of TI Principles you didn't have supportive data against the counter arguments to your claim? The point seems to be that you come supporting Total Immersion with preconceived ideas that shut down readiness to change, followed by you staying closed from learning from counter arguments, followed by you resurrecting the same preconceived ideas in a fresh thread that starts over again from zero after the previous discussion ended in no-contest. Otherwise known as preaching Total Immersion thru: recycling from thread to thread preconceived ideas by means of hit and run, but not defending these ideas on merit.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    What's the point to keep on hammering this: Originally posted by Matt S Craig in Liverpool, Total Immersion, just like any other well-considered program for improving stroke technique, will make you better and faster than you would be swimming your same old, same old. ... Matt when here: Criticism of TI Principles you didn't have supportive data against the counter arguments to your claim? The point seems to be that you come supporting Total Immersion with preconceived ideas that shut down readiness to change, followed by you staying closed from learning from counter arguments, followed by you resurrecting the same preconceived ideas in a fresh thread that starts over again from zero after the previous discussion ended in no-contest. Otherwise known as preaching Total Immersion thru: recycling from thread to thread preconceived ideas by means of hit and run, but not defending these ideas on merit.
Children
No Data