What do you think of total immersion?

Former Member
Former Member
I just got Total immersion book yesterday. Have read part 1 of the book and just started doing the drills today. It seems an excallent way to swim and definatly will improve my f/s. But i'm a bit weary because it's so comercail. so my question is, Is Total immersion as good a way to swim as it makes out? or is it the best way to learn how to swim? Are there better books out there that teach you how to swim well(properly)? Hope that makes sense Swifty
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by LindsayNB I just wish that the word "effortless" could be removed from the TI vocabulary. I would have to agree with that. Swimming is all about resistance. Resistance is what provides your propulsion and it is also what slows you down. Working with and against resistance at the same time will never be effortless. TI may teach a method of swimming that requires less effort at slower speeds than other methods but effortless swimming is quite contrdictory.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 18 years ago
    Originally posted by LindsayNB I just wish that the word "effortless" could be removed from the TI vocabulary. I would have to agree with that. Swimming is all about resistance. Resistance is what provides your propulsion and it is also what slows you down. Working with and against resistance at the same time will never be effortless. TI may teach a method of swimming that requires less effort at slower speeds than other methods but effortless swimming is quite contrdictory.
Children
No Data