I coughed and threw out my back. Help.

Former Member
Former Member
Ow. I am still a bit under the weather due to a nasty cold. Anyway, this morning I was in the bathroom coughing up some green stuff...and the coughs were particularly violent. I threw out my back. I'm having what seems to be muscle spasms in my lower lower back. I don't know what to do. To make things worse, tomorrow is the first official day of practice for the university swim team. I really want to go, and I really want to swim. How do I fix this so I can swim by tomorrow? And should I tell my coach what I did today via e-mail? Will she believe me? Since it's the start of the season, will I even get to stay on the team after this? Help me. Update: I went and saw a Doc at my student care center today. Apparently I have Piriformis Syndrome which is causing sciatica in my left side. 4-6 weeks to heal. Anyone had this before?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I once read an article by a triathlete about preparing for a race. She made the amusing observation that she had to be careful about engaging in high risk activities -- like pulling on a turtleneck sweater! The thing about those those types of injuries is that the muscle or whatever tissue that "breaks" was already injured. The sneeze or cough is just the final push that renders it full blown. HMLEE -- I am very sorry to read about this injury! I was enjoying your story and looking forward to hearing your tales of triumph. :) I hope the injury is not serious and you will again regale us with stories of your comeback! Best regards, Kim
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I once read an article by a triathlete about preparing for a race. She made the amusing observation that she had to be careful about engaging in high risk activities -- like pulling on a turtleneck sweater! The thing about those those types of injuries is that the muscle or whatever tissue that "breaks" was already injured. The sneeze or cough is just the final push that renders it full blown. HMLEE -- I am very sorry to read about this injury! I was enjoying your story and looking forward to hearing your tales of triumph. :) I hope the injury is not serious and you will again regale us with stories of your comeback! Best regards, Kim
Children
No Data