Favorite race so far in Paris?

What has been your favorite race so far? Some of my favorites have been the 100 fly seeing Torri Huske and Gretchen Walsh go 1-2 and also the 100 breast with Nic Fink grabbing a silver in the tightest of races. Marchand's dominance in front of his home crowd was a big moment as well. Share your thoughts in the comments

Parents
  • Katie Ladecky's 1500!  It always amazes me how she completely and consistently DOMINATES from the moment she leaves the blocks until she touches the wall at the end of her race.  For those who thought her career had already peaked, she set them straight with a new Olympic Record!  The best part of seeing her succeed is knowing how hard she trains, continues to be passionate about the process, and does it all with such grace, maturity, humbleness, and kindness.  She has set the bar.  Will anybody ever top her?

• I'm glad she has been getting so much attention.  And keep in mind that she'd likely have 2 more golds if the Olympics had women's 1500's before Tokyo.  But for so long, we heard Phelps as the greatest swimmer, etc.  And while I absolutely marvel at what he has done, Ledecky's dominance over her peers is unmatched in just about any sport, ever.  Well......maybe Secretariat at the Belmont.  To have the top 20 times EVER in the 1500 all by herself.....in a sport where you get 2, maybe 3 chances to swim fast per year, would be unfathomable if we weren't sitting here watching it.  And yeah, her humility and grace just make it that much more impressive (side note, Marchand is apparently the same way - I know a couple of his ASU teammates, one his age who just raves about him as a person).

• Not sure if you saw the little girl in the stands who was beside herself when Katie Ledecky waved at her. Not many swimmers get this type of fandom but she certainly deserves it.

Reply Children