Earbuds while training? Any recommendations?

As the title suggests...I go on Amazon and read reviews from people who use underwater headphones and there is always a pictured model wearing the CLUNKIEST bulkiest machine off the back of their heads.  Do they swim like freaking Tarzan?  I swim head down as we are supposed to, I've used the now defunct Finis bone conducting mp3 player system and it's also mega bulky and Jerry Garcia just doesn't sound too good coming through them.  I've seen some recent players along with buds that stick in your ears.  I'm curious if they will stand up to my old ass pace of 1:10 per 100 yd?  Will they stay in at 1:05, 1:00, :55?  Will they outlast a butterfly set, race pace, pushoffs?  

I'm just curious if anyone practices at a high intensity and uses an electric marvel to lessen the boredom one experiences at the pool.  Admittedly, I use a pair of FORM goggles as my coach and train around 6:30am or so at my local Y and the pool is filled with creatures my age and younger, recreating the scene from Cocoon, doing nothing to stress their heart, talking nonstop to each other.  I just want to drown that out with some long live sets from my favorite jam bands.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks

Graham 

Parents
  • Honestly, as soon as I started doing sets (i.e. reps), rather than just mindless laps, all sense of boredom was gone.  I'm trying to imagine trying to swim with Franklin's Tower going through my head while doing a fly set.  Although, it was pretty cool when I got the Masters coach to play a little Black Crowes ILO that "jump around" stuff she did have on.

• Honestly, as soon as I started doing sets (i.e. reps), rather than just mindless laps, all sense of boredom was gone.  I'm trying to imagine trying to swim with Franklin's Tower going through my head while doing a fly set.  Although, it was pretty cool when I got the Masters coach to play a little Black Crowes ILO that "jump around" stuff she did have on.

Children
No Data