Advice on building a new facility

Are there any resources does anyone know about building a new large scale facility? There is a group looking to build a large premium pool facility connected to a community center in the Norther Arizona area. The idea is to have it be a community gathering place, along with a top notch aquatics facility. Currently they are in the planning stages, but need advice on the pool design. Any advice or help is very much appreciated. 

Thank you!

Parents
  • Following on Dan's comment and my earlier post, I was peripherally involved with a rec pool project 20 years ago that included a 6 lane, 25 meter pool, slide, zero depth, etc..  The construction and design were fine.  The problem was the consultant's economics were based on untenable attendance and no one investigated.  They projected tourism & destination attendance even though the facility is an hour from a major city, no shutdowns for cold weather or summer storms (outdoor facility), length of season for 100% attendance, etc..

So, although the first couple of summers were ok, after that, attendance dropped quickly to just the locals, weather shutdowns became problematic, and they were losing money.  People are not going to do outdoor lessons or slides when it is 60 degrees and cloudy.

Ongoing maintenance as well as preventative maintenance was never planned in as well.  Consultant got paid without any repercussions from bad data.

Consultants can be great, but their don't always walk on water, so-to-speak.  :)

• Following on Dan's comment and my earlier post, I was peripherally involved with a rec pool project 20 years ago that included a 6 lane, 25 meter pool, slide, zero depth, etc..  The construction and design were fine.  The problem was the consultant's economics were based on untenable attendance and no one investigated.  They projected tourism & destination attendance even though the facility is an hour from a major city, no shutdowns for cold weather or summer storms (outdoor facility), length of season for 100% attendance, etc..

So, although the first couple of summers were ok, after that, attendance dropped quickly to just the locals, weather shutdowns became problematic, and they were losing money.  People are not going to do outdoor lessons or slides when it is 60 degrees and cloudy.

Ongoing maintenance as well as preventative maintenance was never planned in as well.  Consultant got paid without any repercussions from bad data.

Consultants can be great, but their don't always walk on water, so-to-speak.  :)

Children
No Data