Nausea after flip-turn

Hi!

I learned to do flip-turn this week. I was so nauseous afterward. I actually threw up a bit after I got out of the pool. Does anyone also have an experience like this?  This had never happened to me before.  I'm learning flip-turn, so my turn wasn't straight. I'm in my 40s and just went back to swimming this year. I swam regularly as a teenager. I was never able to do flip-turn when I was a kid. But I liked to do somersaults in the pool. I didn't feel nauseous at all after doing somersaults in my childhood. However, I always get motion sickness when I ride a car/bus/airplane/helicopter.  I'm seeking suggestions as to how to learn flip-turn and avoid nausea. Or the structure of my ear/body makes me not suitable for flip-turn, maybe I'd better give it up? I would like to listen to your suggestions!  

Parents
  • You may have Meniere's.  I used to be able to do flip turns as a high school swimmer; however, as an adult, I can no longer do them for this reason.  For some reason, the inner ear fluid in my ears is such that I am able to do the old-style backstroke turns without a problem.

My suggestion would be to have an ear exam with an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor to see what's going on.

Good luck!

• You may have Meniere's.  I used to be able to do flip turns as a high school swimmer; however, as an adult, I can no longer do them for this reason.  For some reason, the inner ear fluid in my ears is such that I am able to do the old-style backstroke turns without a problem.

My suggestion would be to have an ear exam with an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor to see what's going on.

Good luck!

Children
No Data