Tech Suit Recommendations?

Hi all! 

Looking to buy my very first tech suit! I swam competitively from age 7 - 19, but I never bought a tech suit because I didn't think I was "worthy". I've been back in the water for a year and made some NQTs, so I'm excited and looking to treat myself! I swim all 50s and the 100 free. I'm trying to find something that works for sprinting, but won't be so uncomfortable that I'll be hurting throughout the day. 

Thanks!

Parents
  • I purchased a Speedo Fastskin LZR Racer Pro over 3 years ago for 79.99.  It is a little stretched now but has held up and was a great championship meet suit.  I have recently retired it to "meet suit" status and recently purchased a Speedo Fastskin LZR Pure Valor.  That one set me back 325.99, but has been a wonderful upgrade.  Like Allen said, there are so many options (both brand and price) out there.  I have always been a Speedo guy myself, but I have heard wonderful things about Tyr and Arena as well.  I too only put my suit on close to my event.  I try to make sure I won't have to use the restroom or anything else that might require me to remove the suit.  If I have multiple events in a day, I leave the suit on...unless there were hours and hours between events (only happens on rare occasions at USMS Nationals).  When I am done, I usually take mine off for my final warm down (more comfortable in a brief!).  You DO NOT want to be trying to put a tech suit back on when it is wet.

Also, for care: I wash my suit out as soon as I take it off with cold tap water (inside and out).  Then I hang it up (inside out) as soon as possible to drip/air dry.  Being religious about your post race care for your suit will help it last a long time (it's why my Racer Pro has held up so long and why I still have my old old leg suit and my old Blue Seventy full body suit in working order!).

• I purchased a Speedo Fastskin LZR Racer Pro over 3 years ago for 79.99.  It is a little stretched now but has held up and was a great championship meet suit.  I have recently retired it to "meet suit" status and recently purchased a Speedo Fastskin LZR Pure Valor.  That one set me back 325.99, but has been a wonderful upgrade.  Like Allen said, there are so many options (both brand and price) out there.  I have always been a Speedo guy myself, but I have heard wonderful things about Tyr and Arena as well.  I too only put my suit on close to my event.  I try to make sure I won't have to use the restroom or anything else that might require me to remove the suit.  If I have multiple events in a day, I leave the suit on...unless there were hours and hours between events (only happens on rare occasions at USMS Nationals).  When I am done, I usually take mine off for my final warm down (more comfortable in a brief!).  You DO NOT want to be trying to put a tech suit back on when it is wet.

Also, for care: I wash my suit out as soon as I take it off with cold tap water (inside and out).  Then I hang it up (inside out) as soon as possible to drip/air dry.  Being religious about your post race care for your suit will help it last a long time (it's why my Racer Pro has held up so long and why I still have my old old leg suit and my old Blue Seventy full body suit in working order!).

Children
No Data