HowTo-Start a Club for Open Water

Hi Folks,

I live near the water and do a lot of open water swimming on the Chesapeake Bay.  I've contemplated starting up a US Master's swim club for open water here in my location.  I'd like to attract more swimmers to this area.    Does anyone know exactly what's involved in starting up/creating a club for US Master's swimming?  

Thank you in advance,

George-

Parents
  • Do you necessarily want/need this open water swim group to be a USMS group? Or do you just want to form a swim group? I belong to a couple of Facebook groups that are at least a couple hundred members each (some, like me, belong to both since they’re not far apart geographically). In the early 2000s they started out as a single email group of just a handful of swimmers. The ‘leader’ moved to a nearby town and started swimming there so the original group kinda split into two. Then both groups transitioned to Facebook. It seems to be a good way for announcing swims, meet-ups, etc. 

Dan

• Do you necessarily want/need this open water swim group to be a USMS group? Or do you just want to form a swim group? I belong to a couple of Facebook groups that are at least a couple hundred members each (some, like me, belong to both since they’re not far apart geographically). In the early 2000s they started out as a single email group of just a handful of swimmers. The ‘leader’ moved to a nearby town and started swimming there so the original group kinda split into two. Then both groups transitioned to Facebook. It seems to be a good way for announcing swims, meet-ups, etc. 

Dan

Children