3000m world record?

Former Member
Former Member
Forgive me. I tried to find a thread where I could ask this seemingly silly question, but I couldn't find one. I also have trouble finding the answer elsewhere. Obviously this is not an official FINA event. But it does seem to be a popular event. I've seen swim-clubs doing local charity/fundraiser type things around the 3000m swim. I think I will try one soon. Obviously I won't attack the WR/world best, but maybe I can emulate my other distance percentile-levels. I'm guessing the WR is around 30min SC? 31min LC? Thanks in advance if anyone has info on this strange request.
Parents
  • I would guess there are three men right now who could do that: Gregorio Paltrinieri, Florian Wellbrock and Mykalo Romanchuk. The former is the world record holder in the SC 1500m and also an elite open water swimmer. And Grant Hackett probably could have done that in his prime.
  • I would guess there are three men right now who could do that: Gregorio Paltrinieri, Florian Wellbrock and Mykalo Romanchuk. The former is the world record holder in the SC 1500m and also an elite open water swimmer. And Grant Hackett probably could have done that in his prime.
Children
No Data