The worst pool in the world ?

Former Member
Former Member
How about some reminiscing about the worst pools you ever were forced to work out and/or compete in ?? Our old pool was 20 yards long, with gutters and the deck was about 2 feet above that. The water level was always low, so it was like ocean swimming every day. There were no starting blocks and the "lane lines" were nylon cord with a plastic bobber every 3 feet or so. The water was always quite warm to accomodate the family swims and lessons that were also sharing the pool during the day. Since goggles had not yet been invented and the only antiseptic method was chlorine (lots of it), we would have those chlorine "light halos" until the next day. The kick-boards were solid, varnished wood and they doubled as pull-buoys. There were no fins or hand paddles. Thank the higher power of your choice that we had a GREAT coach. Oh, did I mention that they used to beat us with knives??? Bert
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    One thing that I would agree with is Mark MD. Motel and some Hotel pools are the worst. Some of them are so dirty and they have strange shapes. And are usually 10 yards or less. Also, they are either too hot or somtimes too cold.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 21 years ago
    One thing that I would agree with is Mark MD. Motel and some Hotel pools are the worst. Some of them are so dirty and they have strange shapes. And are usually 10 yards or less. Also, they are either too hot or somtimes too cold.
Children
No Data