Will I ever get back what I've lost?

The last time I swam was in mid-March. I train alone, usually 1500-2500, 3-4 times a week. I just turned 62. I was feeling in a good space, doing a masters personal best at just shy of 61 in my best event, even though I've started back at this at 54. I've been doing resistance band training, yoga, and a mini-elliptical trainer, plus 125 pushups every day. However, my resting heart rate, which was down to low 60s (56/57 overnight), is now 70-ish. Will I be able to get back to where I was, if/when the pools re-open, and if so, how long should it take. Side note: will pools likely be safe? I live in Brooklyn, NY
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    My main 2020 goal at the beginning of this year was sub6min 400m. I have had to adjust that goal now - see my sig. But by the end of December, with 6 months back at swimming after 3.5 months away from it, I am determined to better my pre-covid self. You can too!! :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    My main 2020 goal at the beginning of this year was sub6min 400m. I have had to adjust that goal now - see my sig. But by the end of December, with 6 months back at swimming after 3.5 months away from it, I am determined to better my pre-covid self. You can too!! :)
Children
No Data