When we return to swimming.

For me, it's now going on four weeks since my last swim. We were in Turks and Caicos March 7-14 for spring break where I was doing daily open-water swims along the beach. My last swim was a 3-miler on March 13. When we got back to the U.S., we had to go into mandated 14-day quarantine so I wasn't able to get out to go to the pool before they all closed. Who knows when I'll swim again...either open-water warming up (I live in RI), or pools opening again. I am maintaining fitness with bike rides, and a run here and there. And I know I there is other 'dry land' training I could be doing. But my concern when returning to the water is injuring myself because of doing TMTS. I'm just that kind of athlete. Raise you're hand if you think you're a candidate for a TMTS injury too. Dan
Parents
  • I am in the process of selecting software for our USMS club to use to allow swimmers to reserve lanes and am hoping to hear what other clubs are using. I'd especially like to hear from people who selected a tool, or swimmers whose club is having them reserve a spot with a tool. I have done a little searching for this topic here but haven't seen anything yet. I have not been a regular user here, so apologies if I missed something. We don't have pool access yet, but hope to have up to 120 reservable lanes per week, so we are looking for a reservation system that's easy for someone to administer and easy for swimmers with a low price tag. So far I am comparing Google calendar (Gsuite), Schedulicity, Calendly, Skedda. So far schedulicity seems to be the closest to what we will need but I'm having trouble figuring out the cost after the free access expires. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Cynthia Hertzer, Santa Cruz Masters ----- P.S. A little humor for shelter-in-place: www.swimmontereybay.org/. If you want to try this at home, the "observer report" is a parts list.
  • I am in the process of selecting software for our USMS club to use to allow swimmers to reserve lanes and am hoping to hear what other clubs are using. I'd especially like to hear from people who selected a tool, or swimmers whose club is having them reserve a spot with a tool. I have done a little searching for this topic here but haven't seen anything yet. I have not been a regular user here, so apologies if I missed something. We don't have pool access yet, but hope to have up to 120 reservable lanes per week, so we are looking for a reservation system that's easy for someone to administer and easy for swimmers with a low price tag. So far I am comparing Google calendar (Gsuite), Schedulicity, Calendly, Skedda. So far schedulicity seems to be the closest to what we will need but I'm having trouble figuring out the cost after the free access expires. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Cynthia Hertzer, Santa Cruz Masters ----- P.S. A little humor for shelter-in-place: www.swimmontereybay.org/. If you want to try this at home, the "observer report" is a parts list.
Children
No Data