Trouble learning to swim

Former Member
Former Member
Yes, I'm in my 50's and have been struggling to learn to swim. I have had two private coaches and I spend a lot of time training. It appears I can not relax causing breathing problems and tense muscles. How is this fixed?? My wife says I'm afraid of the water even though I can train for an hour. Any suggestions??
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    To me this is the number one way to relax in the water. Be sure to tell the lifeguard before doing this. Simply allow yourself to rest on the bottom of the pool and relax. I've been swimming (non-masters/competitive) my whole life and thought I was relaxed in the water. I wasn't. I should probably return to this exercise often. The is the quickest way from A to B, IMHO. 12357
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    To me this is the number one way to relax in the water. Be sure to tell the lifeguard before doing this. Simply allow yourself to rest on the bottom of the pool and relax. I've been swimming (non-masters/competitive) my whole life and thought I was relaxed in the water. I wasn't. I should probably return to this exercise often. The is the quickest way from A to B, IMHO. 12357
Children
No Data