Residual Tiredness for 2 Days After Workouts - Help!

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Gang, I'm in my mid-fifties and find I am tired for two days following a hard Sunday workout. It's been sometime since I've pushed myself physically like this so I'm not used to needed a decent amount of recovery time. When I say I am tired what I mean is I feel that my eyes are heavy and I'm not up for doing exercise for 2 days after my workout. I've been back at swimming for about 3 months and currently push myself at least 1x per week under a coach. This equals about 3000 yards. Any thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Thanks 67. My coach warned me of the same thing last week - about going out too hard. Though this was about coming back after an injury. I'll stick to slow and steady wins the race for now. Hopefully this will help reduce the tiredness as I gradually increase the intensity of my workouts.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Thanks 67. My coach warned me of the same thing last week - about going out too hard. Though this was about coming back after an injury. I'll stick to slow and steady wins the race for now. Hopefully this will help reduce the tiredness as I gradually increase the intensity of my workouts.
Children
No Data