Why did my (old) training suit straps get stiff?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all, First timber posting on here. I have a question that I can’t seem find an answer to anywhere online, so I’m hoping that I can find an answer here. So over the past several years, I’ve noticed that the straps on a lot of my suits are stiff and sometimes have some sort of gunk in or around the seams. I’m not really sure why, but I might have an inkling. I’m bad at remembering to rinse my suit after practice, unless you count showering with the suit on, so other than that it’d get an occasional rinse. Other than being in a bag and not having been worn in a long time due to long swim hiatus, that’s the only other reason I’ve got. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, what is your solution to getting the stiffness out? Thanks in advance! :)
Parents
  • ... To keep your suit lasting a long time (I get 275-300 miles out of a suit), NEVER sit in a spa, rinse your suit in cold water (without soap), roll it in a towel to get the excess water out (don't wring it out), and hang it over a shower rod to dry (no dryers!). Excellent advice, that!
  • ... To keep your suit lasting a long time (I get 275-300 miles out of a suit), NEVER sit in a spa, rinse your suit in cold water (without soap), roll it in a towel to get the excess water out (don't wring it out), and hang it over a shower rod to dry (no dryers!). Excellent advice, that!
Children
No Data