Need advice on single-arm strokes

Thanks to cervical spine issues, I can't use my left arm for repetitive overhead movements. I'm interested in advice on which strokes might be possible with one arm. My goal is an aerobic/anaerobic heart rate for an hour, not elapsed time per distance. I'd also be interested in any reference material. Kicking for 2000 yards is becoming boring. Don P
Parents
  • Upper body injuries are, unfortunately, quite frequent in swimming, but as Steve mentioned, many swimmers use these injuries as an opportunity to work on developing their kick through the single arm and other kicking-related drills. These drills are definitely an effective way to continue to maintain strength and conditioning in swimming while recovering from (or managing) an injury or pain in the upper body.
  • Upper body injuries are, unfortunately, quite frequent in swimming, but as Steve mentioned, many swimmers use these injuries as an opportunity to work on developing their kick through the single arm and other kicking-related drills. These drills are definitely an effective way to continue to maintain strength and conditioning in swimming while recovering from (or managing) an injury or pain in the upper body.
Children
No Data