Rotator cuff issues

i have been unable to swim for the last 1 1/2 years because of multiple surgeries and the rehab time. when i tried t swim again, both of my shoulders were seriously hurting. My dr, said RC issues and prescribed PT. After 3 months of PT there was almost no change and he suggested surgery. After 3e surgeries last year i am in no rush to more and have stopped PT. Listening to the news the other evening this was discussed. Has anyone had something like this? What were the results? I have an appt with the dr. seen in the nbc site. www.nbcwashington.com/.../Implant-Derived-From-Cow-Helps-Patients-Recover-From-Torn-Rotator-Cuff_Washington-DC-564948482.html Bioinductive Implant?Arlene
Parents
  • Thanks Steve, that explains it in perspective. My rotator cuff was fine until I had my labrum fixed. It’s been 18months since the operation and I am still, slowing recovering. The pain is below all the scars, and I still feel scar tissue freeing up during stretches. But swimming is improving for both shoulders
  • Thanks Steve, that explains it in perspective. My rotator cuff was fine until I had my labrum fixed. It’s been 18months since the operation and I am still, slowing recovering. The pain is below all the scars, and I still feel scar tissue freeing up during stretches. But swimming is improving for both shoulders
Children
No Data