USA Swimming under federal investigation.

I just found this in my AOL feed this morning: www.aol.com/.../ :censor:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Looks like the investigation is not just about covering up sexual abuse, but includes possible fraudulent misrepresentations to accusers and serious financial fraud as well. Pretty weird if its true. They're innocent until proven guilty and the investigation is just starting; it will be while before there are any indictments, formal charges, or trial. It wouldn't surprise me: a large organization would rather protect itself, and its money. We've seen it with the Boy Scouts, the Catholic Church, private prep schools, etc. Those were protecting their image instead of properly addressing allegations of abuse and predators within the organization.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Looks like the investigation is not just about covering up sexual abuse, but includes possible fraudulent misrepresentations to accusers and serious financial fraud as well. Pretty weird if its true. They're innocent until proven guilty and the investigation is just starting; it will be while before there are any indictments, formal charges, or trial. It wouldn't surprise me: a large organization would rather protect itself, and its money. We've seen it with the Boy Scouts, the Catholic Church, private prep schools, etc. Those were protecting their image instead of properly addressing allegations of abuse and predators within the organization.
Children
No Data