Did Armageddon happen?

Something weird is going on. As I make this post there hasn't be a post in the General Swimming-Related forum in 48 hours. I don't think I've ever seen that. Is there something you guys aren't telling me? Dan
  • We live in a Trumpy Twitterverse. Places with full sentences and sustained conversations are becoming rarer. Make Discussion Forums Great Again. :D Ohhh, there is SO much I could say in response to that, but politics is a forbidden subject on these forums. I wouldn't want our dear moderator :smooch: (and I mean that sincerely, since he is my Georgia Masters teammate and fellow board member ) kicking me off of here. ;) Having said that, I can say that I do miss several of my former Forumite buddies. That Guy used to crack me up, but he was also very knowledgeable. I'm glad I finally got to meet him at 2013 Summer Nationals. Fly Trap, where have you been? Hey, King Frog, get your teammate back on these forums! He was a pleasure to have around. There were so many others that have come and gone over the nine years I have been on here. I'm glad I at least got to meet several of them at Nationals along the way. Ok folks, it's time for action. All of you who know a former Forumite, encourage them to return to the forums! Just do me a favor, though. Only invite the positive :angel: and encouraging :angel:ones back on here!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    We live in a Trumpy Twitterverse. Places with full sentences and sustained conversations are becoming rarer. Make Discussion Forums Great Again.
  • I fear that this type of social media is dying. 7-10 years ago this was a very lively place. Most folks seem to have moved on and the rate of new arrivals has decreased. So yes, Armageddon has happened, it's called Snat-Twit-Face-Gram.
  • I was going to ask a question about am I wearing my swim cap wrong, but it seemed rather silly for a whole post. As far as what the young people are into these days, personally I value the kind of in-depth discussion I can find on bulletin-board/forum formats. I can get only some of that from FB groups and less from twitter. (Not that twitter is bad, just the format is different.) Yeah, I haven't found any Masters swimming FB groups that have good, in-depth discussion. And I feel like most of the one's I've found at all are geared more toward the open water/distance types, which are not really my genre.
  • Former Member
    We all have this big open water swim we're training for - 40 days and 40 nights. Either that or the age of the internet forum is dying a slow death.
  • Former Member
    I was going to ask a question about am I wearing my swim cap wrong, but it seemed rather silly for a whole post. As far as what the young people are into these days, personally I value the kind of in-depth discussion I can find on bulletin-board/forum formats. I can get only some of that from FB groups and less from twitter. (Not that twitter is bad, just the format is different.)
  • In a heartbeat:laugh2::wiggle::oldman: :angel:Not a chance. :angel:
  • :D … kicking me off of here. ;)In a heartbeat:laugh2::wiggle::oldman: