FORM swim goggles

Just wondering if anyone can comment on their experience with these? I'm curious as to what technology they use for measuring distance indoors, and/or in an open water environment. www.formswim.com/.../form-swim-goggles Dan
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Coincidentally, I got the USA Swimming Official's Newsletter email on Friday and they reminded everyone that the Form Goggles and the new ones being developed by VUZIX are illegal for competition under Rule 102.8.1E. Still it's pretty clever technology, at least for training purposes. I have used these twice now in training sessions and I love them! I train mainly on my own in my local Y pool and using the pace clocks on the wall is not always easy - one at each end, but rarely synchronised, people stand in front of them and when my regular goggles fog not easy to see. These FORM goggles have a read out that is easy for me to see, even though my usual goggles are prescription ones, and does not interfere with my vision of the pool - you have to focus on the read out to see it. The stop watch starts from zero at the start of each swim and displays 25 yard splits as you go (you can also set it to a 25m pool), the number of lengths swum is displayed below the timer - a great help to me as I regularly lose count. Showing the splits is really helpful for me to learn to pace better. The goggles did not fog at all during my swims nor did they leak, so I am hoping that continues. The only con I can come up with is that the water seems to be more cloudy than if I wear my regular goggles - possibly because they are not prescription??? My phone downloaded the work out fine, though it did seem to have a little difficulty differentiating between fly and *** but as I know what I swam I don't see that as a problem. The download has all sorts of different stats which will make interesting reading. All in all, I am glad I treated myself to a pair of these.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Coincidentally, I got the USA Swimming Official's Newsletter email on Friday and they reminded everyone that the Form Goggles and the new ones being developed by VUZIX are illegal for competition under Rule 102.8.1E. Still it's pretty clever technology, at least for training purposes. I have used these twice now in training sessions and I love them! I train mainly on my own in my local Y pool and using the pace clocks on the wall is not always easy - one at each end, but rarely synchronised, people stand in front of them and when my regular goggles fog not easy to see. These FORM goggles have a read out that is easy for me to see, even though my usual goggles are prescription ones, and does not interfere with my vision of the pool - you have to focus on the read out to see it. The stop watch starts from zero at the start of each swim and displays 25 yard splits as you go (you can also set it to a 25m pool), the number of lengths swum is displayed below the timer - a great help to me as I regularly lose count. Showing the splits is really helpful for me to learn to pace better. The goggles did not fog at all during my swims nor did they leak, so I am hoping that continues. The only con I can come up with is that the water seems to be more cloudy than if I wear my regular goggles - possibly because they are not prescription??? My phone downloaded the work out fine, though it did seem to have a little difficulty differentiating between fly and *** but as I know what I swam I don't see that as a problem. The download has all sorts of different stats which will make interesting reading. All in all, I am glad I treated myself to a pair of these.
Children
No Data