Nationals championship non D Q question

The winner of the 200 men's *** did an obvious full dolphin kick at the finish of the race and the tv commentators said nothing!! If such a kick is seen and not called here - how was Lilly dq'ed for non simultaneous hand touch after video review???
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    When you’re officiating breaststroke, you’re trained to focus your attention on the swimmer’s hands as they come in to ensure a simultaneous touch, then to check the rest of their body. Knowing that the officials are going to be looking at your upper body means that the final glide into the wall is one of the safest moments to execute an illegal dolphin kick if you’re looking for a moment to pull some sneaky business. I’m not sure if Reece’s downward kick came before or just after the touch. It was very very close. If it was actually illegal, I hope it was unintentional.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    When you’re officiating breaststroke, you’re trained to focus your attention on the swimmer’s hands as they come in to ensure a simultaneous touch, then to check the rest of their body. Knowing that the officials are going to be looking at your upper body means that the final glide into the wall is one of the safest moments to execute an illegal dolphin kick if you’re looking for a moment to pull some sneaky business. I’m not sure if Reece’s downward kick came before or just after the touch. It was very very close. If it was actually illegal, I hope it was unintentional.
Children
No Data