FINA Worlds Controversy

At FINA Worlds a lot is happening. So far the Americans are not doing great and Katie Lydecky is sick. The backstroke wedges have been malfunctioning. The big controversy is over Sun Yang who probably shouldn't have been allowed to swim and has been shunned by an Australian swimmer and a British swimmer. Evidently last September he was supposed to give blood and urine samples for doping analysis. Blood was drawn and then he begin questioning the authority of the people obtaining the samples, had one removed, refused to give a urine sample and had someone break the blood sample. FINA gave him rebukes, which seems an underwhelming response. WADA will have a hearing, in September, after Worlds. What do you think?
Parents
  • And apparently now FINA has decided to send some sort of censuring letters to the Aussie who wouldn't stand on the podium. I personally think too many people automatically assume the cold war mentality that we are always clean, and Russians and CHinese always cheat. But I don't know HOW any decent sanctioning body can let a guy compete when he deliberately destroys his blood sample. And now we are telling his competitors that they can't speak up about it?
  • And apparently now FINA has decided to send some sort of censuring letters to the Aussie who wouldn't stand on the podium. I personally think too many people automatically assume the cold war mentality that we are always clean, and Russians and CHinese always cheat. But I don't know HOW any decent sanctioning body can let a guy compete when he deliberately destroys his blood sample. And now we are telling his competitors that they can't speak up about it?
Children
No Data