No kick

I'm something of a newbie to masters, though I've been swimming a long time. I have no kick, zero, nada. I have tried at masters swim workouts, but if I attempt to move down the lane using kick only, I float absolutely still in the water. If I kick a lot, I get cramps in feet and calfs. What to do???
Parents
  • Yeah, the ankle flexibility is a big thing. I remember I think it was my sophomore year of high school, I sprained my ankle really badly in the spring playing basketball and had trouble kicking for like half of the next summer. Have you seen anyone in Olympic 10 km open water swimming without a strong kick? I'll be honest, I've never watched an Olympic 10k.
  • Yeah, the ankle flexibility is a big thing. I remember I think it was my sophomore year of high school, I sprained my ankle really badly in the spring playing basketball and had trouble kicking for like half of the next summer. Have you seen anyone in Olympic 10 km open water swimming without a strong kick? I'll be honest, I've never watched an Olympic 10k.
Children
No Data