No kick

I'm something of a newbie to masters, though I've been swimming a long time. I have no kick, zero, nada. I have tried at masters swim workouts, but if I attempt to move down the lane using kick only, I float absolutely still in the water. If I kick a lot, I get cramps in feet and calfs. What to do???
Parents
  • I'm with Windrath on this one. Even our level 1 swim lessons work on kids' free and back kick, and neither are any good without the flipper action of a floppy foot. You can actually work on ankle flexibility while watching TV. Rotate the ankle with your hands, and spend some time stretching the calf muscles and toes to help reduce your cramping.
  • I'm with Windrath on this one. Even our level 1 swim lessons work on kids' free and back kick, and neither are any good without the flipper action of a floppy foot. You can actually work on ankle flexibility while watching TV. Rotate the ankle with your hands, and spend some time stretching the calf muscles and toes to help reduce your cramping.
Children
No Data